Thursday, December 6, 2007

Job Stuff

Well, some of you may know this, but some of you may not. I was notified in September that I would possibly be layed off from my job. Well, it has come to pass. My last day will be December 13th. I knew that this would most definitely come, and wasn't sure how it would come. Fortunately, Busker gave me 2 weeks notice, a luxury they hadn't given many others. So, I got a job at night working with Josh at Fresh Market a few weeks back. It is a lot of fun, and I believe I posted about that earlier. So, this is kind of a bummer right around Christmas time, but we know that there is a purpose and a plan for this as well. It was this time last year that I was trying to look for a job and it was a little difficult because of all the holidays. I didn't get the job here at Busker until February. So, I hope that it will go a little faster this time. I have a handicap in that I will not be around for long because we still have our house for sale. Our plan now is to get to seminary in the summer or fall. We have a long time till then, so we are pretty confident that our house will sell this time.

So, if anybody knows of any body hiring for temporary help for anything let me know. I will do almost anything short term. My resent research shows me temporary jobs don't pay near as much as regular full time jobs so I will have to keep Fresh Market. That is OK, it is kind of fun and mindless. Something I haven't had in a while. It is kind of nice not having any responsibility.


3 comments:

Marcy said...

Hey...when does the next term start? I might have an idea.

Anonymous said...

I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you. ~Mag

The Sheley said...

Hey Shana! Maybe you can find something o craig'slist.

Sheley

Post a Comment