Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Shana's Update: Feminine Appeal

I am trying to keep up with my husband with all the books he is reading. He reads a ton, for school of course, but still it is a ton of reading. Figured I can't let him intellectually and spiritually blow me by. Anyways, I just finished Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney. Here are some questions you might be asking:

1 - Who is Carolyn Mahaney?
A - I didn't know her before either, but in the book found out she is from Sarasota, FL. How crazy is that!
2 - Never heard of that book.
A - I hadn't either, but my trusty friend Lauren always gives me books for gifts.

I am trying not to absorb myself in only pregnancy and baby books. Well, this book was awesome, have I said that yet. Rocks you to your core, seriously. I challenge any woman out there to read this. Not a huge book. I read it at the gym on the bicycle and finished it within a few weeks. This will be one of those books that I will need to pick up probably every year or so and read again. What a spiritual awakening! My favorite chapter in this book was "The Delight of Loving My Husband." Talked about how easy it is for us to serve. Sometimes when people ask us for evidence of loving our husbands we always point to our service to him, which isn't bad we need to do that, but the to actually love with tenderness and passion is swept aside and forgotten.

Here is a quote from the book, "Our emotions are a warning system God graciously gave us to attract attention to the sin in our hearts. When we're not experiencing loving feelings toward our husbands, that's an alarm going off: ding, ding, ding. There may be sin that needs attention." OOO how true!

Man seriously ladies this book rocked my world. You have to get it! I could type quotes from it all day. If anybody wants to borrow mine they are welcome to it.

SHOUT OUT
I almost forgot to do this. This is a shout out to my friend Lauren Watson. Zach and Lauren always get us books for gifts. Just wanted you guys to know that we read them all. Over the years I think I count 7 books you have given me, this is number 6. I have one more to go. I am sure I will get it done in plenty of time for my birthday ;)!

2 comments:

kd said...

I love and highly recommend this book. It is one of the most read (and re-read) books on my shelf - so highlighted and full of notes.
Good stuff!

Lauren said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it Shana! I need to re-read it soon....

Post a Comment