Thursday, May 10, 2007

This week has been full already. I have been so tired lately. Almost everyday after work I will come home to take a nap for like an hour. I don't know what is wrong with me. I need to probably take better care of myself. I am super glad that summer is here. I love the warm weather and just sitting outside in it. I can't wait to go to the pool and work on a tan.

Mother's day is coming. The in-laws are coming over for dinner. Josh is searching through all our cookbooks for a good menu. Lately, he has been cooking our main dishes and I cook the sides. He recently got a new grill and loves to use it. I can't complain. A man who cooks is hard to find. He makes amazing food as well. Josh has been really good to me lately. He brought me home flowers this week too. I think they are some of my favorites because I smell them as soon as I walk in the door. That is one of my favorite things. I hope when I get to heaven that I get to maintain the gardens.

Has anyone ever wished that hey had someone clean their house for them. Some of you might have them and boy do I envy you. I wish so bad for someone to come clean my house. Most of the time it isn't a big deal, but when I am tired and don't have much time to do it, it stinks. So this week, I am half tempted to try and find someone to clean my house. Maybe I will get good rest and have time this weekend.

Also, Zach's, a good friend of ours, dad passed away yesterday. It was a little bit of a surprise. We all knew his dad wasn't in the greatest of health, but we didn't expect this so soon. Zach seems to be doing really well, Lauren too. If you think about it pray for them and their family, some of them do not know the Lord and this could be a great wittness. I have spilled all my guts for today. Hope to hear from ya'll.

3 comments:

Josh, Amy and Quinn said...

Amen!!!! There are some things I do not mind but I have began to HATE dishes and laundry. I do not know what is worse...cleaning it yourself or fighting with a 4 yr. old to clean up his mess. Feel blessed you are where you are now because once you have a handsome (or beautiful) child, the mess gets bigger! You should share some of your favorite recipes of Josh's on your blog!

Love,

A

Scott said...

It is very sweet that y'all cook together. We like to cook together too. We need to keep each other accountable to get back on our diets. It is so important for us to take care of ourselves. I'll ask you if you are getting back on your diet and make you feel guilty if you will do the same for me. :) By the way I really enjoyed lunch yesterday. I wish we could do lunch more often.
Love,
Marcy

Shana Stringer said...

Thanks for the posts you guys. That is a good idea about Josh's fine cooking. I will have to tell him. I agree with you Marcy. I need to eat better. I have been eating better this past week then before, and I can tell a bit of a difference. Deal on the accountability thing.

Post a Comment