Sunday, May 18, 2008

Update..

My girlfriend Jenny has been telling me that I stink at keeping ya'll updated. Here I go. Jenny let me know what you think.

A bunch of you might be thinking about what we are up to right now. We are still living, and loving life, here at the Stringer Ranch. God has blessed me with incredible in-laws, and yes we still like each other. It has been almost 5 months that we have been living here, time flies. Most of you know that we have been on a waiting list for housing. Most people would get housing faster then us, but most people don't have 2-4 legged children. So, we are only capable of living in one housing area. We have had a recent development that gives us a little better hope of getting in, we found out that the school had us on the wrong waiting list. They had us on the August list and we have been trying to get in for June. Bummer I know. We just got it fixed and so we are on the July list, hoping to hear something the 1st of June or close to it.

Josh has just registered for classes for the summer and the fall. This is really exciting because this is solidifying that we are really going. I am in the process of contacting some head-hunters in KY to get my job search started. It would be absolutely fabulous if I could have job ready when we arrived. I am still currently working at The Fresh Market part-time. I have recently tried to get a job at Starbucks for the extra hours and possible benefits, but nothing has come of it as of yet.

Other news, I am loving the new car we purchased. I just took it on it's first road trip to see my friend Jenny in SC. I had a really good time. I totally forgot my camera so I have no pictures. I know I stink. Here is one of my first visit after Caris was born. Caris is now almost a year and a half, I guess moms would say she is 15 weeks. I mention Jenny a few times in this post so now you can have an image of who she is.

Judy is away for the week in Hilton Head, so I guess I am the lady of the manor this week. I have some pretty big shoes to fill I guess you could say. Josh and I went to see Prince Caspian today after church too. It was really good. I love the stories. I tried to finish it before we went to see it, but was unsuccessful. I will finish it though so I get the full story. I cried a bunch, I know I am a big wimp.

Well, I don't want to make this too long that you won't read it.

5 comments:

Marcy said...

Hey I love that picture up top. I tried to put a picture on ours at the top and it was just a strip and I couldn't figure out how to make that area bigger. I didn't spend that much time on it though. hehe. I am excited for y'all and your upcoming time in KY!

Good luck on your job hunt! I know that's stressful!

The Millages said...

It is great to see that everything is going so well for you both! You always have our prayers and support. It is great to see all that God is doing in your lives! We have also finally joined the blogging world(themillages@blogspot.com), though it is still a major work in progress!

Best wishes,
Jennifer

PS...LOVE your dogs! So cute!

Josh, Amy and Quinn said...

Who would not love living up there it that beautiful house with all that land...We would love to have more land ourselves. You should post a picture of the car. I am actually surprised that Callie didn't post one of hers when she got it! New cars (even if they are used but new to you) are exciting. We are hoping to get Josh one as soon as we can. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date!!

Josh Stringer said...

Amy- Scroll down a bit. There's a pic down there.

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! Good job. I just got a text from you so it looks like you need to update again!!! LOL!!!!

Jenny Towner

Post a Comment