Tuesday, November 13, 2007

So on my fever enhanced day off (I came home sick from work), I was privy to some TV that I don't normally see. I caught a little bit of Entertainment Tonight this evening. I usually work late or have something better to do. I'm definitely not promoting celebrity gossip shows and tonight I found a few more reasons not to watch. I remember when ET was a nice show with some cool info about movies, music, and celebs. Now its simply a show that promotes the smallest celebrity gossip into front page news. Tonight's main topics: Kayne West's mom dies of plastic surgery complications (they never said her name); Oprah's dog almost dies; The Osmonds (how does one family have so many "important secrets"?). It's just sad to me that people see the stuff that they report as important news. Shows and magazines like this are why celebrities think they have so much influence over important social and political issues. Oh well, I guess that's the society we live in. Yipee!

1 comments:

Josh, Amy and Quinn said...

Josh & I call that and The Insider the smut shows.

Post a Comment