Friday, November 30, 2007

Update on Shana's life!

So, isn't my title of this post just thrilling you with excitement. Just kidding obviously. Well, I do have some news to post. Some of you know that I have been waiting to be laid off at my current job. Well, the day has come. My last day will be December 13th. I am kind of relieved. Things haven't been going to great there for about 6 months. They did a bunch of lay offs in September and that is when they informed me that I would soon be cut as well. O well, life goes on right and all things happen for a reason.

It is times like these where our theology needs to be fleshed out, or the rubber meets the road. I have no stress, no worries, no why Gods. I seriously trust that I will be taken care of and that this is some small part of his great scheme for my life.

There have already been some really good things to come. I get to visit with friends and family before our long anticipated trip to KY. If I would have been employed with Busker still that wouldn't have happened, they have been a pain in the butt about time off. God has already provided in that just this week I had picked up a second job in the evenings at The Fresh Market. I call it my fun job. I feel like I am going to play. I know that might change after a couple of months, but I think being a cashier is kind of mindless fun work. Although, all the good food that comes through my line looks so good so I feel hungry all day long.

So, that is a nut shell of what is up with me. So, if you think about us please pray. I don't ask for prayer because I am worried or stressed. I ask so that I will continue to accept and be in agreement with God's will no matter what comes my way.


2 comments:

The Shadburn Family said...

I'm glad you like your "fun job!" And I'm glad that you're relieved and are keeping a good 'tude.

Marcy said...

Shana, I am praying for you and Josh.

Post a Comment