Monday, June 16, 2008

Not sure what to title this...

This is why people hate Christians and why people think Christians hate them. As a Christian, there are ways to reach out to our lost community. This is not it. Having worked in a very secular environment for the last two years, I've met a lot of people with a lot of different lifestyles. No wonder they are so apprehensive and resentful of "Christians." This picture was taken today in California in the midst of the gay marriages that were taking place. While I completely disagree with gay marriage, there are ways of getting the TRUE gospel out without causing the lost to hate us even more. This reminds me of the story in the N.T. when the pharisees were dragging the prostitute out in the street to stone her. I wonder what Jesus would write in the sand here?
This is really more than I wanted to say about this subject, but it really bothers me. Jesus was a friend to sinners. Lost people are lost, no doubt. But how else should we expect them to act? I'm not saying that we embrace every sinful lifestyle or whim. Please don't misunderstand. What I am saying is that I'm sick of seeing people use the name of Jesus to mask their hatred and bigotry. I don't see people protesting Krispy Kreme donuts or church picnics where all they serve is fried stuff with cheese and chocolate. I think I'll stop now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment