Saturday, July 26, 2008

Deals Galore

When Josh and I moved here to Louisville, KY, I decided to get back to my mega deal hunting. I started going garage sale hunting four weeks ago, and I started back to my coupon and shopper guides this week. I am already seeing tons of fruit. I am so excited about some of them that I had to make a post about it. I have to say that week 2 of garage sale hunting was by far my favorite here. It has been a downer ever since that week because we haven't found as near as much awesome free stuff.

Here are some of my top picks from week twos garage sale finds:

Starting from the left: a huge zipper bag, this thing could get soaked with water and be fine (free), the hanging picture are a small dainty extra for our itty bitty hallway (free), my awesome Fendi knock-off business bag to carry downtown to work ($1).

I really love my bag. I carry it to work with me everyday. The Fendi marking stuff is small on it so I don't know if you'll be able to see it in this picture. It took me a minute to realize it at the garage sale I was at.

My next picture is of all the free things that I got this week from my coupons and shoppers guide that you usually get in the Sunday paper (note to self though, you can usually get the guides online too). I learned a huge tip this week. You can use coupons on top of store coupons, discount cards, and rebates at stores like Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, and Petsmart. These three stores have become my favorites and where I got a lot of my free stuff this week. Now this picture only shows you my free stuff, but I got huge discounts using coupons and these guides on everyday name brand items that I use all the time. For example, chicken breast, Josh's brand specific deodorant (he only uses Old Spice High Endurance regular scent), ground chuck, soda, shaving cream, toothpaste, and way more.

I was thinking about going into detail about how I go about checking this stuff out and getting all my free stuff, but wasn't sure if my readers would even be interested. So, if you are please let me know and then I will work on that. I am looking forward to tomorrow morning, it has become a ritual to get the Sunday paper and scout out all the deals, and then plan my meals accordingly.


1 comments:

Marcy said...

I am interested. Way to go with the good deals!

Post a Comment