Monday, July 21, 2008

Fun with iMovie and other thoughts...

It's been a while since either of us have blogged anything, so I'll give you a quick update. We've both been busy with work. I'm at the Fresh Market in Louisville. Surprise, surprise, its just like the FM in Atlanta. I'm not crazy about being there but it pays the bills. I'm hoping that an on-campus job comes open soon (prayer request). Shana, on the other hand, loves her job. This is a huge praise. She is fulfilling her role as my sugarmomma. Hands in the air and praise the Lord! Anyway, we've seen a lot of movies lately. Since we've decided to save money and not get cable we are doing a trial of Netflix. We also made a trip to blockbuster for some freebies. Here's what we've seen and what we thought:
Gone Baby Gone - Excellent (watch for the language - ear muffs - but the dilemma at the end is rather perplexing). 4 stars
No Country For Old Men - Great story. Pretty bloody. Terrible ending. 3 stars.
The Bucket List - Funny. Probably 3 out of 4 stars. Worth seeing.
Untraceable - Like a long episode of Law and Order SVU only grosser. 3 stars
Drillbit Taylor - Funny. Too much kid-cussing. Bloopers are hilarious. 2.5 stars
P.S. I Love You - Shana loved it. Watch out guys...she'll cry...a lot. But still good. 3.5 stars
Be Kind Rewind - Shana didn't watch this one. I thought it was ok. 1.5 stars.
Batman - The Dark Knight - Best movie of the summer. Shana and I totally agree on this one. Its right up there with Iron Man. Heath Ledger was great. I wasn't buying the hype before the movie, but I am now. A little long, but 4 stars.

It seems like I'm missing one. Oh well. I had a little free time on my day off and was messing around with iMovie HD on my computer. Here's what I came up with.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

The Shadburn Family said...

Old Country... was weird! We were so interested and then I just HATE the ending. I cannot draw my own conclusions.

Bummer about Be Kind, Rewind- I like Jack Black.

We need to see the Bucket List, too.

Thanks for the review!

Marcy said...

I really want to see P.S. I love you! *sigh*. I thought the video was really cool and fun! I like fast forward version of you drawing the letters like they do on Myth Busters. I like the "cartoon" version of you too!

I am glad that y'all are enjoying your time together in Louiseville!

Post a Comment