Friday, October 9, 2009

Shana's Update: Vacation Day 4

Another super fun day at the Stringer House. Truett and I took a few walks around the property as the pups hauled but in the open field. They love it here, the pups, I know Bogie won't be sad we left him behind. He'll probably be calling Zoe a sucker for going back with us. Josh worked more hours on his project for one of his classes.

I forgot to mention that a couple of days ago I got bored. It caught me by surprise. With Judy here with open arms to take care of Truett, I was like what am I going to do. Well, I pulled out all my sewing stuff downstairs and played with my sewing machine. I need to work on my confidence with it. A couple years ago I was over at Judy's all the time using her sewing machine, so that Christmas she decided to get me my own sewing machine. Well, I told her I don't know if I would use it because she didn't come with it. Sure enough, the other day I got stuck and yelled up to Judy through the speaker to come help me. Right now I am finishing up some projects that I left undone. I found some fabrics that I love and forgot I had. I would really like to make a curtain for my kitchen and maybe some new cushion covers for my dining room table. We'll see what I have time for. There is no room to take my sewing machine back with me to school this time, but hopefully in Thanksgiving Dean and Judy might be able to bring it up to me when they come to visit.

Thursday night dinner was at the Howard's House. I love going there. The entire family is so sweet and hospitable. It was really great to get to catch up and visit with Jen and Madison too.


Here is Madison and Truett hanging out. We tried to get Madison to give Truett a kiss, but she wasn't interested. I guess boys already have cooties.

Here is everybody at the Howard's house. We had a bunch of people. This is all of us hanging out in the kitchen.

Joanna played the piano for us for dinner. It was super lovely. You can see Madison trying to help out in the bottom left. How cute right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment