Saturday, January 30, 2010

Shana's Update: A real update, no baby stuff (well at least I will try)

First, I apologize to everybody for thinking we are pregnant again. I know Josh is hilarious right. He says he did that on purpose. So, if you would like give him a hard time about it. :)

Second, I am extremely proud of my Martha abilities lately. I have mastered one of Judy's biscuit recipes. As you can see below. This is really exciting for me. As you know, my husband is a great cook and it was his idea to get Judy's recipe. Well, he attempted it many times and they never would rise up. Well, I did it once and had that touchdown emotion overwhelm me as they came out of the oven perfect. Since then they have come out perfect every time.

Third, this was my adventure for today. I love having a wreath on my door. Not just for Christmas either. Growing up my grandma would make her own festive wreaths for her door every month. I remember helping pick stuff out to put them together as a little girl. So, I guess you could say that it stayed with me. I would love to have a wreath for my door for every month. Where would I store them all right? One thing at a time. Well, my girlfriends at home in GA will be happy to know that I finally exhausted my Micheals giftcard they gave me over a year ago for my birthday. Yeah I know, I guess you would say I milked it. Well, technically I still have like 25 cents on it. I went the other day to see what I could find for a wreath for our door. Well, I only had 8 dollars left on my giftcard and all the premade wreaths were way more then that. With coupon in hand I wondered around the store with Truett in Ergo trying to figure out what to do. Just my luck (well if I believed in it) there was a women in the store making wreaths. I sat there and gleaned some ideas from her for a minute, and then off I was to accomplish my idea. With 8 bucks left and a coupon from the Sunday paper, I could only afford a wreath base (with no decor on it). So, I decided to bring it home and try and pull something together. If it didn't work I could always take it back. I had these flowers. They were a gift many years ago from Judy. They used to live in a pottery vase, then they were revamped into a door hanger wreath thing (i have no clue what to call this thing). If you have seen any of our video tours of our apartment you have probably seen them hanging on the door. So, it was time to reuse them again. I cut off the stems and hot glued them into my wreath. The ribbon I had in my wrapping stuff. I bought a ton of ribbon like this in the gift wrapping section after Christmas one year. I got it for 90 percent off. I believe I got this stuff the first year we were married. Can you say it has lasted me. One day when I run out of stuff, I will go restock (after Christmas of course). You probably are asking how I got this stuff hot glued into the wreath. This by far is probably my proudest moment, bread bag ties. Whenever I get bread I take the ties off and put my pampered chef clips on the bag. For some reason I have been collecting the ties in my kitchen drawer. Not knowing what I might use them for. Well, they came in super awesome handy today. I am super proud of my gorgeous wreath that I made on a dime. Please if you think it is ugly, keep it to yourself because I am on cloud nine :)

P.S. A special shout out to Rachel L. (my neighbor) for letting me borrow her cordless hot glue gun, I literally couldn't have done it with out you. That thing is awesome I have to get one, one day.


Lastly, I made brownies from scratch last night. We have been dwindling down our sweets stock because we were going to try and loose some weight and get fit again. I especially would like to before I get pregnant again. At least get my abs back. Well, all that to say there were no sweets left. Josh was craving so I decided to check my favorite cooking website allrecipes.com to see if I had all the ingredients for any good brownie recipes. Sure enough I did. They turned out awesome. I also got to try out my new brownie pan that we got for Christmas from one of our students. Yeah you guess it, it is the brownie pan with the divider thing that was all over the infomercials. It is really cool. I have to say that I like it.

Well, that is all for my update now. It is really long.

P.S. still wanting a snuggie

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh first,

I love the wreath...

Second,

I want the brownie pan....i am so jealous. Its one of my favorite infomercials....right after the SNUGGIE infomercial of course....lol

Thirdly....

Josh let the girl be creative with the ten dollar snuggie! If she can do that with a wreath, just imagine what she can do to a snuggie! I am intrigued.

Meggan said...

Totally don't care what anyone else says . . .

Your wreath is beautiful! Hang it up round and proud, girl!

The Shadburn Family said...

The wreath turned out great- perfect for Spring!

I was wondering how that brownie pan would work and if you think it does I believe it (since you're a harsh judge- in a good way, ya know).

I can so see you going WOO-HOO when the biscuits came out. I'm proud of you. Sniff, sniff.

Take care!

Will said...

The wreath is beautiful! I love it.

Post a Comment