Friday, July 13, 2007

My Baby, Zoe
Wednesday night Josh took our kids, Bogie and Zoe, for a car ride. My babies love this. Zoe always sticks her head out the window like a typical dog. Bogie usually likes to stand on the center console and rest his head on Josh's shoulder. They are super-well behaved, even in the car. Well, Josh was driving on Old Norcross, from the Blockbuster, when Zoe just jumped from the car. Josh slammed on his breaks to get her. When he got her she was laying on the ground and had literally scared the scrap out of herself. After looking at her that evening, I decided to be safe and not sorry and take her to our Vet. Our Vet is a great guy, and very inexpensive. I think an actual visit by itself is just $5. Anyways, she kept sitting down and favoring her left leg. So, I kept an eye on her through the night and the morning. Her butt was a little red and looked like it might have been bleeding and her right paws had a little road burn on them. Zoe is such a trooper. I was a little nervous when we attempted to go to the Vet yesterday that she might be totally against the car thing now, but she wasn't. The Vet gave us some ointment with a pain killer in it for her road burn. The Vet said her butt was fine.
For you dog owners, have you ever noticed your dog start to pull it's butt across the floor. Well, that means the glands surrounding his butt hole are full and need to be released. Normally the Vet will do this. I have seen my Vet do it and stuff comes out of there, it is yucko. Well, the Vet said when Zoe jumped out of the car she was scared so much that her glands released; so it appeared that she pooped all over herself. Josh says his car still smells like crap from it.
I thought this was really eventful to share with ya'll.


2 comments:

Scott said...

Shana, I was thinking about Zoe last night and almost called you...then I forgot to ask you about her this morning. I am glad that she was alright. My sister used to have a cat with the gland issue...she would just scoot herself across the carpet...it was weird. Anyway...i am really that that Zoe is in good shape. Good luck with the ointment. I hope she still wants to play with me this afternoon!

Jennifer said...

I had a Chihuahua that used to drag her bottom across the floor like that. I think small dogs are more prone to do it all the time. I'm glad Zoe is okay.

Jennifer :-)

Post a Comment