Thursday, April 2, 2009

Shana's Update

I have been sick for almost a week now. YUCK! I am getting over a respiratory infection, so my doctor calls it. I think that is a fancy term for cold. Who knows? Well, the weather is changing up here finally. I think we have had our heat/AC off for almost a month now, which is awesome. Can't wait to see those savings reflected in our bill. We have had our apartment open, which is awesome too. Josh, my hunky handy man, has made a cool contraption for our door so that we can get some circulation without the bugs when it starts to heat up more. We are also starting to get things planted. My chives came back from last year, and my neighbor below gave me a planter full of pansies. I was super excited about that. Josh and I want to plant some more veggie though. We are in the middle of researching tomato plants and some other veggies to grow. There is a chance of another snow next week, so we are going to wait till that passes until we do anything, but we are getting prepared. I think tonight we are going to measure the spots we have available to put planters in so we can get as many in as possible. I am really excited to grow tomatoes. I really wanted to grow them last year, but we only were able to grow a herb garden last year. That was super successful so we'll try some more stuff this year.

Husband has been enjoying his spring break, especially these past 2 days because the sun has been shining. I am glad for him, he was working really hard for a while with this semester. He is almost done. He actually has his assignments that are left listed on his white board. I get excited looking at it too knowing there isn't much left. I think Josh is feeling the reward too of working really hard and getting to chill because of the hard work part. I am super proud of him.

In baby news, we are super excited to be having a boy. Most of you who know us well, know how excited we are to have a boy. People have been giving me all kind of hand-me-downs, and it is so exciting to go through them all and imagine a little Josh in them. I am so excited. My belly is definitely growing too, which is fun. I am feeling this guy moving all around in side too.

Sad news, I went to the doctor's office Monday to check on baby and find out what I was sick with. I have had a rash on my stomach and the front of my hands for while. Well, my midwife asks if I have eaten more processed food lately. OOPS, can you say Chic-fil-a. I was like oo no maybe. She said sometimes pregnancy can't handle all the work it is doing for mom and baby. So, the less processed foods the better. I was blown away. I had no clue, obviously. So, I am super sad to say I will be avoiding the chic-fil-a along with everything else processed. Which is actually a good thing, that helps our wallet and my gorda. I think Josh was thinking I was making secret trips without him to the chic-fil-a.

Super excited to be having a baby!! Oh my goodness, this will officially make me an adult won't it, no turning back. No getting off this roller coaster!! WHEEEEEEEEEE

Stay tuned, I am going to try and post pictures later to go with this post. (Don't hold your breath though, I might forget YIKES)

1 comments:

Tessa said...

I hope you are feeling better.

Post a Comment