Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Almost there...

Night one of my first overnight shift is over. I worked 8pm until 8am. I cut, well, at least 40 tenderloins, and I don't know how many rib roasts. I worked with my boss, Jeff, and we got finished with time to spare. My hands and back hurt but it wasn't too bad. I got home around 8:30am and was in bed by 9. Weird. I feel like I've tricked my body into some crazy punk'd episode. I slept for 8 hours solid - up at 5pm. Now I'm about to go back to work. Another 8 to 8. But after this shift I come home and my friend from down the street, Will, is taking me to the airport at 11:30. I'll be in Atlanta by 3:30pm. We may try to make it to the Christmas Eve service at CCMA. It all depends on flight times and traffic out of Atlanta.

This has been a very strange Christmas for me. I've been alone for a week. Working. Preparing a sermon. Sleeping. Reading. Working. Sleeping. So far it hasn't felt much like Christmas. But tomorrow, Christmas is almost here. I'm looking forward to seeing my wife. I miss her a lot. I also miss Truett a ton. Its weird how much you can miss a little chunky kid that you've never had a conversation with. (No one can call him chunky except me. Got it? Besides, he's the cutest chunky kid of all time)

So - I was awake for 24 hours. Slept for 8. Now I start my next 24+ hours of awakeness. Then...Christmas. More importantly...family. (well, not more importantly in the history of the world. I mean, Christmas did signal the birth of the Messiah. Kind of a big deal. But you feel me right, dawg? And I mean dawg in the "friend" kind of way, not in the Georgia Bulldog kind of way. I would never mean it that way.)

Merry Christmas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment