Saturday, December 12, 2009

Shana's Update: Oh How I love Life.

Truett turns 17 weeks tomorrow. I can hardly believe it. I simply love this little guys so much, I am so thankful everyday for the gift to stay home and be a mom and wife. It makes life so much happier.

This was a very eventful past couple of weeks. We said goodbye to two people (I guess it all starts now). Everybody is in a bit of transition here at Seminary so we always knew that goodbyes would happen, but it is sad that they have started already, time really flies by. We went to dinner last Friday with our friend John Tucker. Also known as Canadian John. He graduated and is headed back north to Pastor a church. We are super sad to see him go, I know Josh is going to miss him a bunch, he was his bike riding partner amongst many other things.


Here is one of the few family pics we have. We have tons of pictures of Truett and Josh or Truett and Me, but none of us all together. So, we went to a going away party for yet another one of my friends here and got a shot of us together too. Look at Truett he is so stinking cute.

Here are all my neighbor moms. Also known as the Red Umbrella Ladies. They have become some of my closest friends. Here we are pictured at a going away party for one of them, Sarah (dark hair, back right). They really have been such a blessing to me. We see each other everyday since we lived next door, below, or above each other. They have become almost like sisters. Sarah is the first to leave, and I am super sad. Thinking back to our first day moving in, Sarah was the first one to greet me and welcome me to the neighborhood. We became friends instantly. She has 2 adorable girls and one boy (picture here). Another really great thing, is that we were all pregnant this last round together. Here we are pictures with all our babies. Rachel (in the middle) has since had her baby. It has been such a blessing to have a group of moms right around the corner. To run to their doorstep with an open diaper asking what was on my son's butt. To share a cup of oil or flour. We have sat outside for hours under the red umbrella talking about whatever the wind blew. Sarah has taken the red umbrella with her to her new home. Who knows when the warmer months come where we will sit next. This really is an amazing period in my life. I am so glad that we added on to our family while in this environment. To be surrounded with women like these is such a blessing. Women who love the Lord, love their children, respect their husbands, and are honest as the day is long. I am going to miss Sarah so much, but I guess this is only the beginning of us all going our separate ways. My only hope is that we stay in touch as we spread out.


1 comments:

mandysandifer said...

I know exactly how you feel! I cried my eyes out the day Zach and Lauren moved and I cried my eyes out the day we moved too. I have always said that seminary was like a little tiny taste of the new creation. Treasure every day, because you are right, it goes by fast. We are so thankful for all the wonderful memories that seminary holds for us too.

Post a Comment