Sunday, April 25, 2010

Good Mood Songs...

There are certain songs that I can listen to that always put me in a good mood. I realized this at work the other morning. It was around 6:30am. This is a time when, though I'm at work, I still have that sleep glaze hanging over me. Its cold in the meat room and its early. Some days I take my iPod with me and set it to shuffle and hope something good comes on. The other day these three songs came on and I was instantly in a good mood.

1. "Call Me Al" by Paul Simon. This song is a favorite of mine since I was a kid. It was popular on VH1 when VH1 actually played music videos. VH1 used to be the milder, more contemporary, less trashy version of MTV. They played good 80's music like this song. And for the record, until I was a teenager I thought Chevy Chase was Paul Simon because of this video.

2. "Uptown Girl" by Billy Joel. Billy Joel is one of my favorite music artists of all time. I've seen some of my favorite bands in concert. Billy Joel is the one that got away. I never saw him. I know he's not dead (like I'm making him sound), but he really doesn't tour anymore. Anyway, Billy Joel is great and this song has to put you in a good mood right? I could include "River of Dreams," "Longest Time," or "Its Still Rock and Roll to Me" but those didn't play the other morning now did it?

3. "Your Love" by The Outfield. I don't know much about The Outfield. I don't know if the ever had another hit besides this song. I don't really care. But this song is excellent. I can't say much for the video. I'd put this song up there as a great summer song as well, along with "Jesse's Girl" and "We Built This City."

So, those are my songs. What are yours?

1 comments:

thesandifers said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfLEc09tTjI Heard this one today...September by Earth Wind and Fire.

Post a Comment