Thursday, July 15, 2010

The ESPY's

I didn't watch the ESPY's last night. However I heard about Seth Myers' (of SNL) opening monologue. I watched on YouTube today and thought it was really funny. HE was funny. What wasn't funny was how seriously all of these athletes take themselves. If you watch this clip notice all of the athletes' reaction when Seth is picking on them. Particularly Stuart Scott. He's just an ESPN anchor. But he looks angry and unamused the whole time. Especially when Seth spends a little time picking on LeBron's "Decision." I've been meaning to blog about that but then I remember how little I actually care. I find it sad that these multi-millionaire athletes can't take a time out and laugh at themselves a little. They don't even realize how ridiculous sports are in the big picture. And that is being said by someone who loves sports. They're 20 somethings, or in some cases teenagers, who can put a ball in an iron hoop or throw a ball. Lighten up a little.

Here's another clip featuring Steve Carell...

0 comments:

Post a Comment