Thursday, September 20, 2007

Email Devotional From A.W. Tozer
Revival: The Urgency of God's Will

Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?" And I said to him, "Sir, you know." So he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. --Revelation 7:13-14

If we are serious about our Christian witness, the day may be near when we may be persecuted-even killed-for our faith. We should be stirred, as John was stirred, as we witness this vast company of God's saints in heaven who have come through earth's great tribulation.I am not saying we are not Christians. I am only trying to find out why we are so far from revival and refreshing and renewal. I am only trying to determine why we are so far from recognizing the urgency of God's will laid upon us by the Holy Spirit.If we belong to Jesus Christ, we should never compromise our spiritual decisions on the basis of "What is this going to cost me?" We ought only to ask, "What is my spiritual duty and my spiritual privilege before God?" Jesus Is Victor!, 115.

"Please, Lord, give me this kind of commitment. I fear it's far too easy and all too common for me to be guilty of asking, 'What is this going to cost me?' Strengthen me to only ask, 'What is my spiritual duty and my spiritual privilege before God?' Amen."


0 comments:

Post a Comment