Sunday, September 23, 2007

SORRY IT HAS TAKEN ME FOREVER TO POST THIS
Labor Day Weekend




I know it has been a few weekends since here, but I just haven't gotten around to putting something up, particularly my pictures. We had a really restful Labor Day weekend. It started out with Norcross' 1st football game at Duluth. We left early because there was lightning and we thought the game was going to be called, but it stopped and Norcross kicked Duluth's butt. This weekend is yet another Norcross football game; I can't wait. Since we left the game early we decided to run home and head to Dean and Judy's (Josh's parents) house one night early. Dean and Judy were at the Keith and Joan Jansen's lake house. So we stayed the night up at Josh's parents house all by ourselves. It was nice. Saturday morning we left Dean and Judy's early and headed with the dogs to Lake Hartwell (Keith and Joan's lake house). We spent all day there. It was a good time. My favorite was playing with all the dogs in the water. We jumped off the dock and played around. The dogs were so much fun to watch and play with. You'll recognize us and our two black dogs. These pictures also have Mark Jansen and his dog Baylor in them. Baylor is another awesome dog. We liked to think of Baylor being Bogie's girlfriend until Zoe came around. Anyways all three had a great time together. We were so proud of Bogie for actually getting in the water and swimming out to the dock; no jumping off for him though. Zoe went crazy once Josh and I were both in the water; she just had to be in there with us. She would job off the dock to the boat and then to the water full on. It was great. Zoe liked to swim over to you and then rest on you. She doesn't do much to help herself; she just lays on you. Even when helping her out of the water back onto the boat; she didn't help me at all she just layed there as I drowned in the process. Well the dogs swam all over the place. Bogie finally entered the water when all three were playing on the shore; Baylor and Zoe came charging into the water and Bogie was following. All of a sudden you could tell Bogie had realized he was in the water cause his eyes got real big, it must have been the peer pressure of the other two dogs. Well he kept coming out to us with the other dogs, but once he reached us he turned right around and shot back to shore. All in all it was a really great day and I loved being in the water with the dogs. (I am almost done) Well Saturday night we spent the night back at Dean and Judy's without them. Sunday morning woke up and drove down to Duluth for church. Zach was preaching and Eric and Callie were leading worship. It was a morning not to be missed. Boy am I glad we didn't miss it. Zach did an really great job of leading us through scripture. It was really awesome. Eric and Callie did an awesome job as well leading worship. I love it when they lead worship. I hope they get to do it again sometime soon. Well, I told you I was almost done and I meant it. Bye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that Hamilton and I missed out on the Labor Day fun - but glad that y'all were able to get together. Maybe we can hook up soon.

Josh, Amy and Quinn said...

So Quinn came in as I was reading this and said "I love Bogie because he is so fun and Bogie loves me because I am so fun!" How sweet is that?! =-)

- A

Post a Comment