Tuesday, September 18, 2007

House Update
I bet some of you can hardly stand it that I haven't updatd about our House. Yeah right! Anyways, I apprecate everybodys prayers in this matter. The buyer we have been telling you about got sick last week. So, we didn't hear anything until yesterday. I finally emailed again to the buyers agent. He said she was sick and that they were suppose to talk this week. This girl isn't urgent to buy a house if you ask me. Josh was talking to our neighbor and found out that the buyer knocked on their door and asked if she could put her dogs in his fence. They are really great neighbors, but I can only imagine. They had just had a baby too, crazy buyer. Anyways, I hope it helped in her decision making. So, even though we were suppose to have known something this time last week, hopefully we will know something by the end of the week.
In the mean time, we have had at least one showing a week. This is where I need your feedback. My realtor from week 2 has said we need to lower our price. When we signed they said ahh sure we can list it at 188, well now she wants to drop it to as low as the other properties, 182-184. What do ya'll think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't - not with the $$ you put into your remodeling (kitchen, etc.). Keep it where it is so that you have some room to negotiate down when offers come in. Because what you list it at is not what you will actually sell it for. Tell your realtor that you may go down to 184 when it comes to negotiations, but the listing price needs to stay where it is in my opinion. Hope that helps.
AJ

Scott said...

I agree with Ashley. If someone wants to make an offer, they will low-ball you anyway. If your house is still on the market in a month, maybe you can think about it. Something that we learned from the real estate agent that we did not decide to list with was that a trick they use is instead of lowering their price, they increased the percentage that the buyer's agent makes in closing fees. If they see that they will make 4-5% on a house as opposed to 3%, they will show it in a whole different light. Of course agents all say that they are only in it for you, you know that they are interested in that. Then, if the buyer wants to low-ball you, you can just say look, this 4-5% is at my price, and if your buyer is taking it out from under us in their pocket, then we will have to come back down to the 3%. At that point, what can they do, the buyer is already interested. That is something you can ask your agent about.

Post a Comment