Thursday, August 28, 2008

Crazy week..

This week has been extremely full. I have been so tired. But, all in all, it has been a great one. I am glad for all the opportunities I had this week. I am focusing on it as just this one week. Next week and weeks following won't be like this, HOPEFULLY :)

Monday - Business Dinner (Met Karl Rove, was behind the scene for live taping of Hannity and Combs with Karl Rove)
Tuesday - Water Aerobics and Pendergraph Women's Ministry
Wednesday - Circuit workout and Dog training
Thursday - Water Aerobics and Seminary Wives Institute
Friday - Circuit Workout w/some water aerobics, FUN FUN FUN W/my hubby at last
Saturday - Fun
Sunday - Fun, Fun @ church
Monday - Labor Day (off work = PARTY!! alone Josh has to work :(

So, one of the highlights of my week was the business dinner I had with my work on Monday night. Every year the KBA has an annual convention where all the bankers in the state come and pretty much have a corporate expensed vacation, with a little work here and there :). Anyways it is really neat. We get a bunch of speakers and lots of good food, and fun of course. Well, this year Karl Rove was our speaker. This was really neat. Many of you probably know who he is, he is known as the "architect" of Bush's election and one of his advisors while president. He was a really cool guy to meet. Well, you probably noticed too that I said I was in on a taping of Hannity and Combs with Karl Rove. Well, after his speech he said he was going downstairs (of the Galt House) to film for Hannity and Combs and if any of us wanted to come we were welcome. Well, I got up ready for the bolt. I followed right behind him to the spot he was filming and stood behind the scenes as Hannity and Combs shot live from the Galt house in Louisville Kentucky to get Karl's (we are on a first name basis now, jk) take on the Democratic convention. It was really neat. I watched him get all maked-up too. He was a cool guy. I know some of the stuff surrounding him is controversial. I don't' know much about it, but it was just a neat experience to be close to someone that worked everyday with the President.

P.S. I had my picture taken with Karl, but we are waiting for the release from our attorney until we can distribute them. So stay tuned for the picture of me and Karl Rove.

1 comments:

Tessa said...

That is awesome! It sounds like a really neat experience.

Post a Comment