Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Olympics

I had no plans to watch the Olympics. However, since we don't have cable, about the only thing that comes on when we finally have time to relax and watch some TV has been the Olympics from Beijing. The other night we watched the end of the opening ceremonies (which ended far too late). NBC kind of makes me mad. By the time we watched the ceremonies they were already over (tape delay). NBC knew how long they would last. They still chose to show them very late (it's the same problem I have with FOX and the World Series).

The torch lighting was pretty amazing. After the torch was lit there was the biggest fireworks display that I've ever seen. It didn't just take place at the stadium. It was over the whole city all at once. It was also in sync with the music and just really huge. Of course, NBC cuts to commercial right in the middle of it...again, they knew what was going to happen. Really makes me mad. Just do better NBC. Just do better.

I also don't care much for Bob Costas. He's really cocky and has very bad fake hair color.

I do like Michael Phelps (as does everyone). We watched him win his first gold medal (of these Olympics) last night. It was amazing. He just decided he would win after being tied most of the race. I like the swimming and running probably better than the other events. Dude gymnastics are good too...primarily because guys can do more than girls because they're stronger (don't freak out girls, its just true).

The running events and swimming are my favorite because its just about me versus you. There are no judges (gymnastics). No subjective opinion. Its my force versus your force and if I'm faster and stronger then I will win. Michael Phelps is just faster and stronger than everyone else. Watch him. He's probably going to make history by winning more gold medals than anyone. Ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment