Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Garage Sale Vent

I went out garage sale hunting this weekend. Let me just say that it wasn't a very good weekend. At first, I was so excited because I saw signs everywhere leading up to Saturday. Well, Saturday morning comes around and I head out on my adventure. Over half the signs were pointless. I am not kidding. Let me give you garage sale people some pointers. When making garage sale signs

  1. Signs need to be big, bright, or noticeable in some way so you can spot them at at least 35 mph.
  2. Signs should be ledgible from the car. I am not going to park my car to get out and read your itty bitty sign.
  3. Put arrows on your sign, I have no clue where your street is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say that number 3 really made me mad Saturday. I would see a sign with just Garage sale and their address with no sight of that street in the area. I was like sorry I didn't get the software to read your mind as to where your house is located!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best was when people failed all rules 1-3: sign wasn't noticeable (can you say U-turns galore), couldn't read it from the car, and no arrow. Seriously I could see the itty bitty sign and say to myself there definitly isn't an arrow on that sign so I am definitly not getting out of my car to walk over there to read the sign. All in all I kind of feel like I wasted my gas this weekend, but o well every weekend can't be totally awesome I guess. I did buy another antenna for our bedroom TV, $1 baby! It works too!



2 comments:

Tessa said...

Wow glad to hear that you are enjoying Louisville!! I totally agree with you about the signs. I always spend more time looking for the actual sale and just driving around.

The Shadburn Family said...

You tell 'em! And I like your new layout. I need to get a neat one, too.

Post a Comment