Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Vacuum

Josh and I have been married now for 4 years. Gosh when you put it in number form it doesn't seem very long, but it feels like forever, in a good way.

With that said. There were two things that we purchased brand new when we got married, or soon after I should say, a vacuum and our washer/dryer set. Well, they are both going down the tubes I think. Our vacuum just decided to quit yesterday while I was vacuuming the apartment. Also, since we moved to the apartment our dryer makes squeeking noises when I have a big load in it. I am kind of sad these purchases aren't holding up longer. Granted my washer/dryer aren't being replaced until they decide to just quit working, but the vacuum has to be replaced.

This post is calling out to all you ladies who vacuum. I know some of you might hire people to vacuum. I need to know about your vacuums and if you love them or hate them, please be specific on what you love about it and what you hate about it. I can only let the dog hair build up so long, so please respond quickly.

Love ya'll peace.

P.S. I am working on a blog with pictures for Dean and Judy's visit with us. Pictures are on Josh's mac and I have no clue how to work it. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Marcy said...

I'll call you with the brand of ours, but we love it. We got it at Home Depot the day after Thanksgiving about 2 years ago for $40 and it sucks up cat hair better than our Rainbow which cost a lot of money! It is bagless, so I like that. It is an upright and that is a plus for someone uncoordinated like me. I think it's a dirt devil. It seems to kind of be self motivated, because I feel like it moves around pretty easy too. Call me if I don't call you...

Jennifer said...

We bought a Dyson after we got married. You kinda have to bite the bullet cause they cost a lot, but I've never had a problem with it. It's super easy to use and clean. I'd highly recommend it!

Jennifer said...

Hey, Shana!

I agree with Jennifer! We have a Dyson and LOVE it! It is SO easy to use, and you can see when it's full, because the cannister is clear. It is very satisfying to see the dirt in there and know you cleaned it up!! The hand-held part is easy to operate and it comes with lots of attachments! The suction is so powerful that I have...ahem...accidentally sucked up things I didn't mean to! Oops! So, I'm sure it could handle the dog hair just fine. ;-) It's definately worth the money!

Jen

The Shadburn Family said...

We bought an Oreck about 5 years ago and it still works great. They are pricey, but I think less than the Dyson's. And you get 5 free tune ups. And it's only 8 lbs, real easy to maneuver.

We got our Washer/ Dryer at Sam's, about 6 years ago. We got the cheapest ones they had and there are very few settings- but we have never had a problem with them. Except when Charles washed sand- filled softball pants and we had to get service to unclog all the sand. But that was the user and not the machine. They are both GE.

This is too long, sorry.

Post a Comment