Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cheap Skate 2

This is a pretty easy one. Keep your heat at 68 and your AC at 78. It will take about a month an a half to really see drastic savings, but afterwards you'll never go back. If you are a cold natured person, try having a small space heater to help give your body a warm up boost so you aren't playing with the thermastat.

We have fans that help with the climate control in the summer. They are amazing to have when we get to those months were you don't need AC or heat. We open up windows and doors and use the fans to help bring in the outside. This airs out the house which is also healthy to do. We used to have a small space heater that would help kick start me if I was really cold, for example when I take the dogs outside, but it just broke. I am hoping Santa Claus will bring me a new one this year.

This is a simple tip, but seriously has tons of savings attached.

0 comments:

Post a Comment