Thursday, September 24, 2009

Shana's Update: After Pregnancy Body

Ok, so I have 6 pounds to go to be at my pre-pregnancy weight, and this makes no sense to me. I tried on a pair of pre-pregnancy pants the other day and there was like 3 inches until the zipper would match up all the way. I was like that is strange. I think 6 pounds shouldn't be that many inches between my zipper. I didn't think my hips got wider, could they have? To all you moms out there who know what I am talking about or can enlighten me please do. What is going on with my body.

Not to mention, the skin in my thighs has gone back to normal (I know I blogged about that while I was pregnant), but my arms YUCK! For like a week and a half after Truett was born my skin was so soft all over and now my biceps feel like sandpaper and my face skin texture is a little rugged too.

Again, I ask please enlighten me to what is going on with my body.

5 comments:

Meggan said...

With only 5 pounds left after Moriah was born, I still couldn't fit in my pre-preg pants either. I do think that hips get wider after pregnancy. I heard that with all the hormones and such running through our blood system during pregnancy that hair and skin look at their peak condition. If your skin is worse than before pregnancy . . . I don't know, maybe see a dermatologist or try an exfoliating wash and more intense moisturizer.

mandysandifer said...

Way to go with only 6 lbs to go! You will lose that in no time, especially with nursing! I am sure all those skin issues are due to the dramatic hormone shift your body is going through. I didn't have too much trouble with my skin after Nathan was born, but when he was about 3 months old, I starting losing my hair like CRAZY. It is so weird all the things hormones can mess with!

Chelsea P said...

With Tristan, I was back to me original weight within two months, and back in my original pants (tightly) at six months. :o) I was like you- I didn't think my hips had widened, but I think I just didn't notice because that was so minor compared to my belly! With all of mine, it took months (eight with Sullivan!) for my hips to be normal.
I went through the skin stuff with T, too (not with the others) but I found it confusing because I heard your skin and hair was supposed to be great. Evidently those hormones didn't affect me that way. But it cleared up within six months too.
I wish my wider hips had hung around, but am thankful my skin went back to normal!

Erin said...

I agree with everyone else! Skin and hair difference are just hormones - those will level out in a few more months. As far as changing body shape, its the weirdest thing, isn't it? Yes, your hips have widened and will take some time to come back together a bit, if they ever do. Clothes will always fit a bit differently now, even when you're back to normal weight. Its just subtle changes that no one else would probably notice, but when dealing with clothes it becomes obvious to you that things are different!

The Shadburn Family said...

After Andrew I was down to my prepreg weight quick. BUT things weren't where I left them! Your entire body changes after having a baby- not just shape. Skin, hair, hormones, reactions to touch. But the good things is, if you have another, your body is "prepped." Great job on the weight lose. I know you're active, and isn't nursing a great help? :)

Post a Comment