Thursday, September 10, 2009

Shanas Update: On our own.



Heidi was just here for about 10 days. She took really good care of us. She took the puppies on lots of really long walks in the park, cleaned lots of dirty diapers, cleaned the bathrooms, vacuumed, kept the kitchen clean, only to name a few things. What a trooper. We really enjoyed having all the help.

This week our church, Crossing, is bringing us meals everyday for dinner. Next week some of our friends and neighbors not affiliated with Crossing are bringing us meals. We are so thankful and grateful for all the help and provision. We really can't help but give praise to the Lord for all that he has provided for us even with a simple dinner.

So we are now trying to figure this all out on our own. I am getting lots of sleep. Truett is doing great. I feel like I am getting all the rest I need. Although I go to bed at 10 and get up between 7 and 8 depending on Truett's next feeding. I really wish I could get up earlier, but then that means way less sleep for me. This is why I wish I could get up earlier, I feel like by the time I get up get ready for the day get Truett ready for the day the morning is already gone and there are so many other things that I wanted to accomplish. Any tipsters out there, please I will take all the info I can get my hands on. I pride myself on being good with time management, but I feel a little stumped with this one.

Well, gotta run so that I can be more productive. Really want to get a walk in today with the pups.

5 comments:

Chelsea P said...

:o) Shana. Seriously. You have a brand new baby! Going to bed at 10 and sleeping to 7 or 8 IS EXCELLENT time management! I understand your desire to get things accomplished in the morning, but the fact is that during this (short) phase it is expected that you get less accomplished. A lot of people get less done because they are so exhausted (and therefore miserable!). I'm so glad that you are getting good sleep, being fed well, and have such a good attitude, even if you aren't doing everything you would like to. Enjoy your boys... in a couple months Truett will be on a less time consuming schedule that leaves more time for you to be well rested AND get things done. Until then, enjoy the excuse for a break! I wish we were closer to help with the things that can't be ignored (food, laundry, etc) but take advantage of every offer that comes your way so you aren't stressed about the things not being done. Don't set your standards the same as they were pre-baby. You won't be able to match them and don't need to get discouraged about that. You are doing such a great job! I'm so excited for you guys!!! We love you and pray for you-even from a distance!

mandysandifer said...

Shana, Wow! Truett is an excellent sleeper! Nathan didn't sleep through the night until he was 11 weeks old. He got up at least once during the night to nurse up until that point. My advice is to enjoy that extra bit of rest! My experience is that I get a lot more done and done faster with a decent nights sleep. And soak up everyday with that little baby...they grow up SO quickly!

The Shadburn Family said...

Ah, my fellow super woman (actually, I'm a wannabe) I know what you mean. My advice- baby steps (no pun intended- hahaha!) Pick one or two manageable things you want done "by lunch" or whatever. SO many things can wait. Pare down your list for the day. I know how you feel; I also can't stand not being productive, even with a new baby. Love you guys

Meggan said...

You could bathe Truett at night and get that extra time in the mornings. With the cloth diapers, I've resumed the morning baths, but the night ones really helped my girls know that bedtime was near. Also, you could wake up just 30-60 minutes before T and get one or two things done. Don't stress about errands and chores, though. Remember: God first, Josh second, Truett third, house fourth.

Erin said...

I have to repeat what everyone else has said. I am a "Time management perfectionist" type and tend to get discouraged after the birth of each baby as I feel like I should be able to get right back into things the way I used to. It's taken me 5 babies to realize that its just not possible. (I'm thickheaded, lol!) Enjoy this time with Truett and Josh, and just attend to the immediate priorities. Get the rest you need, take care of what you can, and don't be too hard on yourself! A few months will fly by and you'll be feeling "back to normal" in no time. But don't try to rush it - it will happen in its own time!

Post a Comment