Thursday, February 18, 2010

Still Got It...

TobyMac that is. I know. I've blogged about him before. He's an old(er), white, Christian, rapper. With those powers combined it sounds like sure comic fodder or a dumpster fire. Or both. However, upon further review of the new album, I'd say its his best solo album. It also eclipses any dcTalk album except Jesus Freak. I don't actually own the album yet since I only had $2.02 on my iTunes account left over from a Christmas gift card. So I was able to download one song. "Tonight" - as seen in the video below. It features John Cooper, lead singer of Skillet, with whom TobyMac is currently touring. Fortunately there's myspace. I'm not a member of myspace anymore but you don't have to be to listen to the whole album online. To do that you can go here. I doubt most of you who read this blog even care all that much about his music, but love the hip-hop-rock-funk that is his style. You can't really find it anywhere else. Does anyone else dig this song? Or is it just me?

2 comments:

Meggan said...

tobymac is great in concert! Especially in his home town, D.C. :-) Rock on old, white rapper dude! :-)

The Shadburn Family said...

I like Toby Mac. I didn't know he was old(er). It's not just you.

Post a Comment