Thursday, May 13, 2010

2012

A while back I posted that G.I. Joe was the worst movie I saw last year. This year? So far its 2012. I know this movie came out in 2009, but I just watched it last night. Most of the movies I watch I borrow from my boss. He let me borrow 2012 and Law Abiding Citizen. Law Abiding Citizen was really good. It has to do with justice and there's a lot to say about that and trusting in the biblical justice of God, but that's another post. Back to 2012. The special effects were awesome. That's about all there is to say about it. Its a giant CGI flick with one of the worst story lines ever. The basic plot is impossible which I'm ok with. I won't criticize it for being unrealistic in the same way you can't criticize a movie like Superman (what if he was suddenly able be immune to kryptonite?) or Lord of the Rings from being unrealistic. But within the parameters a movie sets for itself it must remain at least plausible. 2012 is ridiculous. Transformers 2 and most Michael Bay films are the same way. How does a man who has had 2 flying lessons fly a plane through collapsing buildings and explosions? How does a twin engine prop plane out run the blast from a super-volcano in Yellowstone? Plus, I can't stand movies that try to be serious with the story line (the end of the world) and try to incorporate cheesy lines and characters to lighten the mood. Stupid. It probably would have been better in the theater, but I'm glad I didn't pay to see it. Don't waste your time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment