Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Shana's Update: Little Bumper Bummer

On Monday I went to the free bread place with my girlfriend. While backing up out of my parking spot I bumped into a car parked behind me. It was totally my fault. I hadn't been paying any attention really and didn't see it. Nobody was around at all. What would you do? Would you stay risking a hike in your insurance or drive off?

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. Unfortunately, we are apartment dwellers at the moment and our new Honda CRV has gotten a beating from my o so sweet neighbors (can you hear my sarcasm). It seems I go out to my car and there is a new dent or scratch on it every week from someone paying no attention or consideration for other people's property. When I was in ATL before Truett was born for a baby shower, I parked on the street and while my car was resting there minding nobody else's business another car backed into mine and drove away. I didn't see it happen, but later found the evidence of my back bumper all screwed up. I once walked out of the Meijer to find a gentleman unloading groceries in the car next to mine with his door wedged into mine. From the o so wise Stephanie Tanner - HOW RUDE!! This really really drives me nutz. I wanted to open my car door so hard into his car. Or take a sledge hammer to his windshield.

I have to say it, the USA is so ME centered it makes me want to vomit. So, when I inflicted this on someone else I was faced with my belief system. Do I really believe that people should own up to this. Especially since I am one of the worlds cheapest people, this could cost me money. Not to mention the moral issues surrounding this, um HONESTY WHAT!!! I have to say I was looking down on myself pretty proud of my decisions. The prior Shana I don't think would have acted this way. I didn't think twice. I was looking for pen and paper to write down my information for the lady, but then realizing there weren't that many people in the parking lot I tried to find her. I did find her and she was really sweet about the entire deal. In fact when my insurance company called me the other day in regards to the issue they made a point to tell me that this lady had told them I was really sweet. Well then I proceeded to try and get a discount for the sweet wrap, but no such luck. This is why we carry insurance people. After talking to my mom, who is the guru on insurance for almost anything, she assured me not to worry it was so minor nothing would probably happen to my insurance. We'll see, and I will try and remember to keep you posted.

The moral of this story is. PEOPLE BE CONSIDERATE WHEN IT COMES TO OTHER PEOPLE'S PROPERTY. EVEN IF IT IS A CLUNKER. KEEP TABS ON YOUR KIDS SO THEY AREN'T SMASHING INTO OTHER CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

the towners said...

So, I totally heard your voice in my head when I was reading the last capitalized bit. I heard it the exact way that you would of said it!!! HAHAHAHA!!! That makes me laugh!!

Post a Comment