Friday, October 17, 2008

Don't Mess With Texas

I just got back from Austin, TX. My first business trip. It was a lot of fun. I learned a lot about the software that we use. I was really excited about going because I have never been to Texas. Well, we stayed in downtown Austin. It was really pretty. I had a huge picture window view of the main drag headed to the capital building. It was really neat. We ate a lot of food. NO JOKE, I gained 5 pounds. You think I am kidding. I am going to have to sacrifice my sweets in order to loose that 5 pounds now. We went to "Mexican" a bunch. First thing to say about that is, it is not Mexican. No body ever had cheese dip. Which is like the only reason I ever really like going to Mexican. I can make my own tacos and burritos. So, I was a little bummed. I got to eat a lot of different cool food. It was really neat. Another cool thing was that all the good food that we ate came out of trailers. It was kind of a joke there at the Texas Bankers Association. Everything good comes out of a trailer or the back of a truck. They were right though, it was awesome. All in all I had a really good time. Glad to be home though to get back into my normal routine.

Last thing, I just loved this. On the way home (Dallas to Louisville) we had 2 military people get on our plane. The pilot came over the loud speaker and said just wanted to let you know of 2 special passengers (not that we all weren't special) seriously he said that part too, he announced their names and what they did. They were medics. The entire plane cheered for them. Then 2 men in first class gave up their seats for them to sit in. I just thought that was very patriotic and kind. One of the gentlemen that gave up his seat came back and sat next to me. It was a really neat thing he did. I let him know that I thought he was a super nice guy for doing that and that those soldiers probably felt super appreciated. Those types of things give you the warm fuzzes. Which reminded me of every time I fly in and out of Atlanta there is always a troop of soldiers coming through and the entire airport gives them a standing ovation as they march through. NEATO!

2 comments:

The Wades said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! I've only been to Texas once (last year to San Antonio!) and I really liked it! We're heading home for fall break. Keith is taking a workshop which will be done tomorrow at 12:30 so we'll be leaving right then for home, cause it's like 8 hrs. at best.

The Shadburn Family said...

Sorry about the non-Mexican Mexican. You know we got lots of cheese dip down here!

Post a Comment