Friday, November 28, 2008

Cheap Skate #1

Josh has told me that I should post some of my savings tips and bargain finds on the blog. I am not sure how well I will be able to keep this up, but I will do my best. If it seems like ya'll (my readers) want to know more that might help me keep it up.

Ok. Last week I was getting my weekly freebies from CVS. I am always sweet with the cashiers. Sometimes they know I am going for the free stuff and offer up any information they might know about future freebies. Well, this cashier was a godsend. She asked me if I was aware of the Thanksgiving ad that had an entire page of freebies. I said no. She proceeded to give me that ad so that I could be prepared Thanksgiving day. This was awesome because I only get the Sunday paper and the following Sunday paper did no have this ad included. So, if it hadn't been for this cashier I would have had no clue and missed all these freebies. I should say they were more then freebies, CVS paid me 30 dollars to take these home.

So, I probably have your attention now with the 30 bucks. This is how it works. CVS is a drugstore that has a reward system called "extra bucks." Every week there are promotional extra bucks that make items free, but Thanksgiving day I hit the mother load. How it ends up that they pay you to take it home, if you have coupons. If you use coupons you still get the full price for the item in extra bucks. Extra bucks are like gift certificates that you can use to purchase whatever you want at CVS. Most times I will break up my orders into multiple orders so that I can turn around and use some of the extra bucks to purchase more freebie items and in-turn get more extra bucks. CVS posts an ad online every week of their deal and there is always an ad in the paper. Also, you can use a website that I use couponmom.com. You have to register which sometimes you get some junk mail, but it is all from her. Again though it is totally worth it because I use that site for a bunch of things. She does a lot of bargain searching for me sometimes, especially on those weeks were I don't get the paper.
Y
Attached you'll see a picture of most the freebies I brought home at 2am. Yes you saw correctly, 2am. the sale start Thanksgiving Morning at 1am. You know if I would have waited till the morning they would have been all gone, they were all gone once I was done checking out. It was really fun there were about 10 other women in line that were just like me, only there for the freebies. I have no clue how CVS makes money, but hay I am cashing in while I can. In the picture you'll see I got Aussie Shampoo & conditioner, 3 G2 drinks, Johnson and Johnson lotion, Tampons, 2 tubs of toothpaste, Twizzlers, and lots of make-up. I also got a set of ear buds, but Josh has already stole those.



Another tip I should mention is to read the fine print for each extra buck item. A lot of times you can get more than one item. For example, the extra bucks on the G2 were good on 3 per household. So that means you can get free and get extra bucks for all three. Even better if you had three coupons for them all. I hope you see how this works. Please if you have any questions post them and I will post a follow-up for this edition of Cheep Skate. I hope I can keep this up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment