Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dreams

Watch this first, then read...


I watched this and was really convicted. Not so much about sexual sin but about trading in the passion I've had for Christ for other things. Not other big things that I'm passionate about, but many small things that amount to a lot. I had a radical dream of sharing Christ with everyone that I knew. I used to be really unashamed. Really. I don't think I'm ashamed so much as I am conveniently unpassionate. I can be passionate when it is convenient for me to be passionate. But what about being passionate for Christ in the mundane. Being passionate for Christ always. I'm also reading Shadow of the Almighty right now. It's the story of Jim Elliot. That guy was passionate all the time. He was particularly deliberate about the essentials and made no provision for the things that didn't matter. I imagine that he wouldn't have stayed up late last night watching "House" and "The Mentalist." Not that those things are necessarily bad, but they are definatley in the category of a non-essential. May the Lord strip me/us bare of the baggage of this world. Satan has duped us into the American dream and American ideals and American habits and American security. How many times have I planned my life around a TV show or a movie premiere? Other than church or school, how many times have I planned my life around the cause of Christ? Around my passion and dream for Jesus? I was amazed at the people who were in Chicago for Obama's acceptance speech. They looked hypnotized and awe struck over this man. I had made a video about it. Didn't post it. I bet I look the same when it comes to the things of this world.

Now you should watch the video below by Shane and Shane.

1 comments:

Bryan said...

that video had me in tears (after being in tears from George's video)....

Post a Comment