Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Update by Shana

I know we haven't been good at all with the updating. I am learning a few more things though that I can do to update. I just figured out that I can take pictures with my phone and email them to myself to post here on the blog. That is a huge leap in technology for myself. The picture you saw on here a few days ago of our first snow was taken on my phone. I know bravo.

Well, Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I am excited for some days off. Josh and I will be celebrating Thanks with new friends we have made here. We are all sharing the responsibilities of cooking at their place. I hope I am good and remember to take my camera to take pictures.

Bogie and Zoe are doing well. Zoe is in love with a pure-breed boxer named Calvin. Bogie isn't jealous at all. He seems to like the relief of her gone every now and then when she goes on a date with Calvin. So, obviously Calvin is a reformed christian (you know I am joking right) so we are very pleased with her choice of companion. Not to mention she has chosen a pure-breed, we always knew she liked the high life. Well, that is enough of my story telling. Seriously thought, Zoe loves running in the fields with Calvin they are so funny to watch. Maybe one of these days I will get a little video of them doing so.

Josh and I rearranged our living room, that could be a picture too I guess. We like it. It will only be this way though until the weather changes, warming up, because we are using the couch to block our tiny balcony. I will work on that picture thing here.

I played matchmaker this month. I introduced my friend Heidi to a great lad here named John. I think they would be great for each other. I guess it is a good thing I am not their parents and we believe in arranged marriages because that would be a done deal. O well. I probably went over board with that statement so I will stop now with that.

My parents are officially divorced this week. O well, life goes on right. God is sovereign and he isn't surprised by any path people choose to take here in this life.

I still love my job, and Josh says that the Fresh Market he is working at right now is the best one he has ever worked at.

Ok, as if this post wasn't already long enough, I have some great praise to give to our Lord and Savior. Josh and I have always been great budgeting fools, which we give praise to God for giving us the wisdom to do so. We praise God for the wisdom in our budgeting and the opportunities financially to let Josh go to school fool time, while still being able to pay for it all out of our current income. We have found our self praising him alot lately when it comes to finances. Our economy is in trouble, but we haven't felt much of the pressure because God had convicted us early on to not live outside our means. We have been faithful to him in our tithe and he has been faithful to us in his provision. I hope we never forget this lesson. I hope this encourages my fellow believing readers that even when times are tough, God still calls us to give what is already his. This Christmas season I hope you'll give even more as a Christmas gift or offering to our Savior.

1 comments:

Danielle said...

Calvin says hey to Zoe from afar!
Praise God for your alls faithfulness in finances..its been a great witness to the rest of us who are learning about being good stewards. We'd like to enroll in the Stringer Stewardship Seminar !!

Love YALL

Post a Comment