Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bobby Jindal and Volcanoes

Last night Bobby Jindal gave the GOP response to Obama's speech. I like Jindal - at least what I know of him. However, last night he was incredibly rehearsed and a little stiff. The way he casually put his hand in his pocket at the end of his speech was lame. Plus his "S's" have a little whistle to them which annoys me. ALTHOUGH the content of what he said was great.

Now, he's catching flack for not supporting the goverment's support (in the stimulus package) of Volcano research by some politican in Washington who lives near Mt. Saint Helens. I get it. We should look into the disaster that was Mt. Saint Helens and try to figure out if it will happen again. Here's the article. Here's the problem: THAT IS NOT WHAT THE STIMULUS BILL IS FOR! Fine Mr. Dude in Washington. You want money to research volcanoes. Fine. Have some. But this money - OUR MONEY - the goverment is giving to you for simply passing Go! is to create jobs that will last and to stimulate the economy. If anyone understands disasters its Jindal. He could ask for money to research hurricanes and how they negatively affect giant cest pools like New Orleans (no offense to NOBTS students). But again, that's not what this bill was for. Back off dude from Washington. Pick your battles a little better because you just sound stupid (I feel that I can use this word "stupid" because Calvin uses it frequently in the Institutes when referring to people from Washington).

*Calvin may not actually refer to people from Washington in the Institutes seeing that Washington was not a state yet. I might have made that part up. You can judge me if you like. But Calvin does use the word "stupid" a lot. Funny.

1 comments:

The Wades said...

Well written and funny too. No offense taken. I agree that Jindal looked quite stiff and over-prepared, so much so that it didn't seem genuine. So sad. I also agree with Jindal not wanting the stimulus $$, but I have to tell you what the New Orleans Mayor told Jindal in response. The Mayor told him that "the chocolate city" needed that money. I think it's hilarious in an "I can't believe he just said that" kind of way. So maybe it's more shocking than funny. The race card is played a lot around here. Should I take that as a racist comment since I'm white and live here? Hmm. Something to think about.

Post a Comment