Monday, February 16, 2009

The picture on the left just isn't right. I like the Red Sox, but some things just don't belong together.











In other baseball news...as Spring Training begins this week...
After Jose Canseco left the Rangers, I suppose he left his steroids behind. Here's a list of the guys who were in that club house after he left who have been linked with steroids -
Ken Caminiti
Juan Gonzalez
Pudge Rodriguez
A-Rod
Rafael Palmeiro
David Segui
So I guess I tend to believe ARod when he says it was the "culture" of baseball down there to just take whatever steroids were around.


2 comments:

George said...

I like the picture of Smoltz. I bet this is his hardest season as he won't be playing his home games in the same town where his family lives anymore. More time away won't be fun for him.

Isn't it strange that everything Jose said has been true to this point? My biggest frustration is that guy who played the game the right way are watching their records fall to guys who enhanced their performance through roids.

I think that I might support making a distinction between the pre-HGH era and the post-HGH era. Kind of like bball does with the shot clock. We'd be fooling ourselves to think that the roids issue is confined to those 104 players (or however many) and listed from the 2003 census and the players named in the Mitchell Report. The game is different. And probably mostly dirty. Sad. Fun to watch, but sad.

George said...

after reading my own comment I fully recognize that sometimes I don't have a great grasp of typing the english language.

Post a Comment