Friday, February 20, 2009

Shana's Update - Pregnancy

Today I made my first call to my doctor to find out if something was wrong with me. Yep, and I was asked "is this your first." Should have known then that there was no problem. This is what I called about.

For the past couple of days I have had some discomfort in my lower right pelvis area. Almost where my leg creases. It has been sore a lot. I thought this was odd, and definitely not normal. Josh got concerned too, so I call the doctor. Well, this is normal. I am sure I am going to get this a lot. I almost think they should just set up a hot line for first time pregnant people to call into with all our dumb questions.

The nurse said it was normal and that I was feeling my uterus stretching. Interesting. I am fast approaching 16 weeks can hardly believe it. Need to post a new picture of my belly. It isn't huge, but definitely there. I was actually asked yesterday by a stranger if I was pregnant. She said she saw me put my hand on my stomach and thought it looked like a little baby bump. I was kind of flattered. So funny, if she would have asked me that not being pregnant. I think I look like I just have a beer belly (minus the drinking beer part). You get what I mean though right. My stomach had just gotten really flat though before I got pregnant. Which I guess is contributing to my graceful weight gain. Only gained 2 pounds so far, which technically I lost 8 in my first trimester so not sure if you consider me really gaining weight yet.

I am still in the gym, actually have made it back up to my 4 days a week routine. During the first trimester I was having a hard time getting there 4 days a week. Working out my arms and legs now since my middle section is kind of out of commission. My workout has seriously kept me sane. It helps me keep my energy levels high, bathroom visits healthy (I am trying to be discreet here), and stress levels low.

I don't think I have shared this either. Anybody who knows me at all knows that I am (or was) a diet coke fan and splenda-aholic. All I ever drank were diet drinks and I used splenda anytime it called for sugar. Well, I have cut them all out. I am not looking back. It wasn't as hard as I thought. That doesn't mean I don't drinks soda, just not diet soda. New favorite is a good old Coca-Cola. Josh and I have always been pretty healthy with our food choices, but it is funny when you get pregnant you start to really think about what goes into your body. That is the only change food-wise that I have made since being pregnant, but it is going to be a lifestyle change. I am not going back after baby comes out. I probably should elaborate on this more late. This post is already getting to long.

That is all for now. I hope to try and take a picture of the bump this weekend. We'll see. ta-ta for now.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm happy to be your hotline! :0) ((hug))

The Shadburn Family said...

Me, too. And yes, please post another picture!!!

Post a Comment