Friday, February 6, 2009

Sledding Pics (Click the Pics to Enlarge)

Several days ago a few guys, and one brave chica went sledding over at Dog Hill. Dog hill is a massive hill at the top of Cherokee Park. We figured it was about 150 yards from top to bottom as far as a sled could go. Here's a pic from the top...










As you can see we weren't the only one's there. Here's a pic from the bottom...











The guy taking the pictures, Aaron Warmath, is a freelance photographer. Here's his site for more pics of the snow storm: LINK I recommend a look by you the viewer.
One of the dudes there was Randy. He's 6'7". I have no idea what he weighs but he's roughly the size of Paul Bunyan. I took a sled ride with him - on the same sled at the same time...that pic and story will have come another time as I am waiting on John the Canadian to send me the pic. However, here's a pic of Randy flying over the ramp at the bottom of the hill....












I have no idea how to describe this event. He's 6'7". All I know is that he was high enough in the air that he could have stood up and not touched the ground. If I only had video footage I could have won some money for sure. He actually landed this jump. The ramp was only about a foot high but because he's so....umm.....Paul Bunyan-ish, he was catapulted into orbit. The brave girl who came with us, Casey, braved the ramp also...











She did well, but she's more like Smurfette, so physics weren't on her side. Here are more pictures. And don't forget to go to Aaron's site. He's pretty awesome with the camera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment