Friday, October 26, 2007

Toliet Paper Wedding Dresses


So I know that I post some really crazy stuff at times, but seriously there is some crazy stuff out there. My mom sends me the bulk of it. Today my mom sent me an email with pictures of the winners from a handmade Wedding Dress contest, out of toliet paper! I know how crazy. I am only posting the winner. Can you believe that this is made out of toliet paper? I can't.

This leads me to ask, what have ya'll done with your wedding dresses? Do you have plans for your wedding dress? Mine is in my guest room closet, still in its garmet bag. I am kind of sad that my mom spent all that money for me to wear it one time. I wish that I could wear it again, but not literally (it you get what I mean). I remember the first year I was married I would get it out and try it on a few times just for fun. I really love my dress. I think the dress actually fits still too. Maybe that is what I will do this weekend, try on my wedding dress. My ceremonial wedding pictures turned out horrible, so I think maybe deep down I haven't done anything because I dream of having pictures done again in my dress. That would be a great surpise (Josh if you are reading this). Get a photographer, my wedding dress, the tux Josh wore at our wedding, and take some new pictures. Anyways, I want to know ya'lls stories about your wedding dress please. Where is it now or what did you do with it, do you have plans for it?

After I posted this, a friend of mine (Ashley Jansen) went looking for this contest online and found out this is not the actual winner. This is the 2nd place winner. Here is the link to the site. http://www.cheap-chic-weddings.com/wedding-contest-2006.html THANK YOU ASHLEY!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What in the world did they win for all their time...it is beautiful!
AJ

Anonymous said...

Hey I just googled this contest and this dress was actually the SECOND place winner of the contest...the winner, ironically, is from Cumming, GA!! Here's the link...http://www.cheap-chic-weddings.com/wedding-contest-2006.html
ENJOY!!
AJ

Anonymous said...

Why do you and your frieds have a party. You could all dress as you did for your wedding day. Then you could ware your dress again.

Mom

Scott said...

Shana,
My dress is in our guest bedroom closet still in the garment bag. When I cleaned out that closet and brought you all those clothes the day you had the scrapbooking party at your house, I got my dress out and tried it on. It still fits! But, I had had mine fitted too early and I lost a bunch of weight and it was too big on me at the wedding. I have a friend whose mom paid for her dress to be preserved. But, where do you put a preserved dress? I am torn - wouldn't it be great to sell our dresses to people who can't afford nice, new ones? But, then, one day I may wish I had it. But, I don't know what to do with it. Sorry...that's a long story.

Shana Stringer said...

Marcy,
I totally know what you are saying. I have thought of selling it, but think maybe one day I will want it. I am torn as well. That is why I am hoping my readers can give me a good idea to do with this thing.

Coupon Callie said...

My mom had her dress preserved in case she had a daughter who wanted to wear it one day. Well, here I am! Since my mom got married in 1976, the dress is... a little out of style, haha. I do think that I'm going to try to take something from it to use on my wedding day, though, just because I think it's really neat.

The Shadburn Family said...

My dress is in a bag in the clsoset, too. But unlike you wanksters, mine doesn't fit!!

I say keep it. Who knows what you could sell them for and you'll probably miss it- and you may end up knowing someone that needs one,like a friend or daughter. Or your husband may surprise you with a photo session- how would that go without a dress?

Post a Comment