Monday, March 8, 2010

A Post About Facing Cancer

I recently found out that a close family friend has breast cancer. The prognosis looks good as far as I have heard. But, having been through cancer with my dad, I have a second-hand idea of what she must be feeling. I thought, "How can I encourage this friend?" I also recently found out that she is a follower of this blog. So, why not send an encoura-blog (*boom* new word!).

How can I encourage? Well, first there is prayer. Shana and I are praying for sure. Praying for healing. Praying for comfort and peace of mind. Praying for the family. Praying for God's glory.

Second is Scripture. Psalm 39:7, "“And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you." Waiting was, at least for me the hardest part of the whole process.

Third is Matt Chandler. Who? One of my pastor-heroes. He's the pastor of The Village Church in Texas. On Thanksgiving Day he had a seizure. Passed out. Went to the hospital. Was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Had surgery. Back preaching. He's an amazing pastor and preacher. He's young. He's a husband and a dad. He's also blogging and vlogging. So, I'll point you to him. First read this article.

After you've read the article check out this video. There are also more videos on his church's YouTube channel. Click Here for that.



So, Shana and I are praying and we hope this is an encouragement to you. We also hope that if you know someone who has cancer and is struggling, use some of these resources to encourage them and point them to the Lord!

2 comments:

Britton and Tara said...

Hey guys,
I'm assuming this post was about my mom...if not, that's a coincidence :o) Just want to thank you guys for your thoughts and prayers. I thought it was cool you posted about Matt Chandler too. He spoke via video feed at our school a couple weeks ago, and he was really great. Thanks again for the encouragement. God truly is in such control.
Tara
p.s.-love all the truett videos :o) You guys looks like great parents

Josh Stringer said...

yeah, its about your mom. I didn't know how "out" the info was so I was talking in code. ha!

Post a Comment