Monday, March 15, 2010

Shana's Update: Craziness

It is very true, they say, that as soon as you get in a groove something happens and it all gets tossed out the window. I feel more and more like this window of craziness is getting smaller and smaller. That is, that Truett is constantly changing so the peaceful times are getting shorter and shorter. He is once again having bad nights. Although, I think I figured it out sooner this time that he is yet again teething. I am seeing daily changes in his gums where his two front teeth are. Momma really needs some rest. The past couple days have been rough on me and I have noticed myself eating into an oblivion. I definitely need to cut this out, I just lost a bunch of my pregnancy weight and I don't need to be gaining it back. I ate a box of girl scout cookie in the course of a couple of days. Good thing we have kept the sweets out of the house or it could have been worse. Truett turns 7 months in 2 days I can hardly believe it.

I ordered a book that a few of my friends recommended on the topic of introducing foods. I am looking forward to it getting here so that I can read up on the food process. It was so cute, last night I was eating serbert and he was opening his mouth, so I would take a bite of my sherbert and clean off the spoon. Then I would offer the spoon to Truett and every time he took it like he was eating. There might have been some flavor left on it, but it was really cute to watch him.

I feel like Truett is getting to that point of consistency in his sleeping, but the bad part is he sleeps way better in his bed now. I feel confined to my house now, either that or I am hauling butt our the door to try and get grocery shopping done before his next nap time. If anybody has advice on this, boy send it. If you don't want to put it here please feel free to email me.

On another topic, winter is finally on the way out. Although it has been a really gray week. Who wants to be outside when it is so ugly? Last weekend I had the chance to go to SWI Saturday. It was so good. My favorites were probably Dr. Mohler's "How Not To Raise A Heathen" and Dr. Ware's "Big Truths for Young Hearts" (title was something like that). Not to mention Chick-fil-a for lunch was awesome.

I am tired so I am going to head to bed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shana...you probably already have this book, but if not..Health Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Dr. Marc Weissbluth was a life saver for us. I had A LOT of moms recommend it to me and when Nathan was around 7 months old, we finally ordered it. He discusses tons of sleep issues (from ages 0-teens) and it really helped us understand a baby's sleep needs. My friend Sara did a really good blog of how this book helped her baby too http://sarajoanna.blogspot.com/2010/01/eeeeeeeeee.

Hang in there! It is amazing how even when we are dead tired, that little sweet face can still melt your heart!

Post a Comment