Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baby Stuff

Slowly I am crossing things off my list of things to do and figure out. This week Josh and I interviewed doctors. I was so happy and proud of Josh for wanting to go to all of them. There were only 2, but still. I think we are pretty much 99.9% decided on a midwife in Indiana, but we are going to visit the hospital probably this weekend before we move our records. I was super excited about our consultation with the midwife. For those of you who might be thinking midwife-have the baby at home-NO! I will be having the baby in a hospital. Midwives still have to go through medical training like OBs. The only thing they can't do pretty much is a C-section. If you have more questions on that, comment and I will respond.

I need some help from my readers, seriously all of you. I know there are lots of you out there that don't comment. I need help on a crib. Josh and I are looking at mini cribs. LA Baby and Da Vinci make some on casters. If any of you are familiar with them I would love some feedback. Also, we are looking at these mini cribs because we don't have a lot of room and want to get something that will see the baby from infant to about 18 possibly 24 months that is compact and portable. So, if you guys have any ideas out there please flood my comments to educate me. I think once we decide on this we can start a registry.

Thank you Thank you.

2 comments:

Gina said...

We used an Arm's Reach co-sleeper with both girls. My reason for using it was until they had moved to their crib so they could be right there at our bedside (one side comes down and it attaches to your bed). Though we used it only a couple of months, I think it can be a stand-alone crib, and I think it is on casters. Not sure what size it will go up to, though. That's the only info I have to share. :)

Chelsea P said...

I have an opinion on the mini cribs... but you might not like it. :o) That's what we got when we first had Tristan, and we ended up taking it back. He was quite a wiggler and even when he was only a few months old, he would wiggle into the sides, and he would fuss (I guess it was uncomfortable or woke him up). We moved up to a full size crib and never had that problem again. So I think it would be reasonable for short term, but I don't think it would be likely to last more than a few months or a year before they outgrow it and get uncomfortable. I hope that's helpful.

Post a Comment