Thursday, January 15, 2009

When Its Icy outside, make ice cream!

One thing I like to do is make ice cream (a lot). Tomorrow night we're doing a quasi-dessert night for our student small group at church. I'm making 2 types of ice cream. To get that "grocery store consistency" (you know, scooping it like Bryers), you have to freeze it overnight after you churn it. Well, to churn it, my ice cream maker bowl has to be frozen. In my freezer the bowl usually has to be frozen overnight. The first batch (Peanut butter-banana-chip (my own creation)) turned out fine. My dilemma came when I had to churn the second batch (peach) in the same night. I needed to re-freeze my bowl. My freezer is cold, but not as cold as it is outside. The wind chill is -10. Not below freezing. -10 below zero. Super cold. So after I churned the first batch, I put the bowl outside. A few hours later the bowl was completely frozen and the peach ice cream is churning nicely. Don't ask me why we're doing ice cream when it's so bloody cold outside. It's never too cold for ice cream.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Josh! You're awesome. Especially for making peach ice cream. In the middle of winter. When it's -500 degrees.
-Melissa N.

Alexis said...

Peach Ice Cream? That's my favorite. Can I come over?

Alexis said...

I'm not even kidding.

Josh Stringer said...

Sure!

Post a Comment