Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Shana's Update - Pregnancy

I am amazed at how God created the human body. It really has transformed my worship being pregnant. I have been pondering this. The first trimester is like the most important part of the pregnancy, this is when the baby is forming all those really important systems. I am amazed at how babies come out OK when I am fighting every bit to eat anything at all regardless if it is something that the baby needs. How great is our God!

I have lost 5 pounds in the past couple weeks being pregnant. Although I couldn't tell you where I lost it from. My tummy has already done its changing. My abs have softened up and it has gotten hard underneath. I equate it to a playground ball, with not much give to it. I feel like I have a little pudge too, but that could be my bad self-esteem kicking in. I am definitely blooming in other areas as well. All you pregos and former pregos know what I mean. So, all that to say I don't know where I am loosing it from. That only leaves my arms, butt, and legs.

Ok I tried to be as discrete as possible in this post, I sure hope I succeeded.

4 comments:

The Wades said...

hahahahahah. You just wait it only goes downhill from here. However, each part of the pregnancy brings different joys and challenges. Love you and I'm praying for SJ and you.

Chelsea P said...

Congrats! Drew's been bugging me that I haven't told you that yet- we're so excited for you guys!!! And I'm lame and got your Christmas card back yesterday. Yeah, that was dumb, so I'll try again soon to actually send it to YOU. It will be a little late. Sorry! :o)
I think you're right- being pregnant for me definitely opened my eyes to God's power and how intricately we were made... try and enjoy it, it's an amazing season. I'm praying for you!

Marcy said...

Shana,
You just made me laugh out loud at work! haha! You need to start taking belly pics at regular intervals so you can scrapbook them.

The Shadburn Family said...

You're carrying precious cargo! Let me know if you need anything. Clothes coming soon...

Post a Comment