Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Shana's Update

This was a very exciting week for me. Last week I was sick, you know sick, on Tuesday and after that was really a lot better for me through out the week. Normally I am in bed by 8pm to subside the sickness, but I was able to get to bed a little later 10ish. Still feeling charged for the day. I was nervous cause I had a shift by myself Thursday at Sunglass Hut, to close the store. I was afraid I would get sick and be in the bathroom throwing up while everybody stole our merchandise. That would have been marvelous, but I was good all night. I know Danielle was happy, I am pretty sure she was nervous too. Saturday was my first day in a while that I had nothing to do. I cleaned the entire house, minus Josh's bathroom. That is his job for now. I had a ton of laundry to do. I was exhausted at the end though. Well, Saturday night I had my first craving I guess you could say. I really wanted Outback.

Josh came home from work and I preceded for about an hour trying to convince him to take me to Outback. I haven't had or desired red meat for over a month. So, needless to say I really wanted to fill this craving. I begged and pleaded, but no give. I have to say he is pretty awesome for not, that would have cost half our food budget for the week. He is the man. Well, you are probably wondering if I got my Outback. I did! We compromised to order it take-out style so we didn't have to pay the full 20% tip on top of the food, along with drinks etc. Josh didn't order anything either, he just let me get what I wanted. So, what did I order. Outback special, 6 oz with french fries and a side of their fabulous honey mustard, salad w/tangy tomato dressing, and potato soup, extra bread with honey butter. YUMMO!!! I ate it all!!!! I could hardly believe it myself. I saved some bread and the soup for the next day, but still that was a lot of food for me too eat. It was so good, did I say that already. It was good.

So, last night I wanted Chinese food. Josh didn't budge on that one. We had tacos instead at home. It was still good.

Ok, I have to give tons of praise to my husband for something he did this morning. I woke up almost an hour late. I have no clue why, I never heard my alarm go off. So, that meant I had one hour to get up and get ready to get out the door. That is tight. I bolted out of bed and let the dogs out of their kennels. I left Josh in the bed and shut the door quietly behind me, today was the first time he was going to get to sleep in a bit cause he didn't have to work till 12:30. I fed the dogs, and jumped in the shower. When I got out of the shower, Josh was up and dressed taking the dogs out. He had already made the bed. I thought I would almost cry, baby hormones I am sure. He said, "don't worry, don't stress I will take care of the dogs just get ready for work you'll have time, you just won't be able to sit around a little like you like to." Which is true. I like to ease into my morning. I like to sit in front of Diane Sawyer, Robin Roberts,Chris Como, and Sam Champion in the morning while eating breakfast, putting on my make-up, and my clothes as they warm up from my space heater. Well, not so much today. I am sure the gang missed me. Josh, you are my favorite husband. (that is an endearing saying we have for each other) I would have never asked you to get up and help me out this morning. Thank you for sacrificing your sleep-in time(which is precious, I know).

P.S. Today is our first doctors appointment. We are really excited.

1 comments:

Tessa said...

I am glad you are feeling better and got your Outback fix. Look forward to more baby updates too. It also sounds like you have a very sweet husband. =)

Post a Comment