Friday, May 1, 2009

New NBA Villians...

I grew up a huge fan of the NBA. In the hometown we had Dominique. Or as us kids called him - "Nique". I was a huge fan of Jordan. I loved the Hawks and Bulls. Its really great to see the NBA returning to form. The Hawks will probably lose their series to the Heat because two of our best players - Horford and Williams - are out because they were fouled ridiculously hard and are now injured. Although I'm still holding out for hope - Josh Smith and Joe Johnson are still playing.

New Villain from this series: Dewayne Wade. Great player. Fun to dislike. Kind of like how I felt about Kevin McHale and Larry Bird.















Being a fan of the Bulls (who I still follow), I've watched most of their series against the Celtics - a team I've never liked (although I like the Sox, so its not a city thing). There was the Nique vs. Bird battle (Bird won). There was the Jordan vs. Bird battle and the video game. So I'm trained to dislike the Celtics. Now comes this series. I can't stand KG, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce. When I say I can't stand them I mean that I think they're all amazing players, but, well, you know. Now, after this current series you can add another guy to this list.

New Villain from this series: Rajon Rondo. Kentucky player (strike one). Tripped Heinrich (strike two). Smashed Brad Miller in the face and should have been ejected. C'mon, he wasn't going for the ball (strike three). He threw Heinrich into the scorers table last night (strike four...wait a second...) Too many strikes. This guy is dirty. Bill Laimbeer style. Not quite Ron Artest, but definitely Laimbeer-ish.













So, I think the Hawks will probably lose because their players are down. I think the Celtics will probably win because they're playing at home and they are the defending champs...but I'm totally pulling for the Hawks and Bulls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment