Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Shana's Update: 10 1/2 weeks to go!

Can you believe how fast my pregnancy has been going? I sure can't. I sure am feeling it though. Someone the other day said I didn't look as far along as I was, that made me feel good because I sure do feel like I am 29 weeks = 7 months.

Just found out the results from my 4 1/2 hour glucose test, I am fine. I knew it! Josh and I have an appointment with an OB today. Most midwifes have to practice under an OB, and it is policy in this office that we at least visit with the OB on the off chance he delivers our baby. Jesse (my midwife) assures me though she delivers like 99.9% of her patients babies. That is one thing that I loved about the office I am going to. It is so small so the midwife I am building a relationship with will 9 times out of 10 be the one that actually delivers my baby. In the other doctors offices we interviewed there was like a 1 in 10 chance, that didn't sit well with me. There are two things we'll probably have to deal with in the office today 1)I tested positive for group B strep early on, and usually once you test positive once they label you that your entire pregnancy and you have to be on antibiotics during labor. Well, I want to be tested again because I would prefer not to have to be on antibiotics during labor. 2)My FSA won't pay anymore of my global fee that is "policy" for the doctors office. Every visit I have been paying a flat fee. Well my FSA account won't reimburse me anymore because there aren't any more charges left, I am pretty much prepaying for labor and delivery. I am sure that will go over well today when I try and wiggle my way out of not paying any more payments towards that. The woman on the phone said that was their office "policy." I work in an office I know what that means, rules can be changed. So, we'll see how that goes.

Then after that appointment we are off to our Bradley method classes. Josh and I are really enjoying what we are learning, just kind of wish we could insert that data in our brains and save the time of attending class. It is just one more thing in the week we have to do on top of everything else. We feel like we are better prepared after every lesson. I think today we are going to start talking about the first stage of labor.

Josh got a treat today. He went to a movie in the actual theater with Ben, one of our new friends up here from church. He called and told me it was awesome. I was super happy he got to go see a movie, ooo you are probably wondering which one, I think it was called Star Trek or Star Wars. I am sure he will blog about that soon. We haven't been to a movie in the theater since James Bond. I know crazy right, we are saving our next movie theater adventure for when Harry Potter comes out. I can't wait!! Judge me if you might, but I love that series.

2 comments:

Rossie said...

I love the Harry Potter Series! Justin and I get so excited every time we see a trailer! No judging here! :)

Meggan said...

I had group B strep with both my pregnancies. With Moriah I only had the antibiotics about 5 minutes or less before she came out and with Lily there was NO opportunity for them because both my labors were so short. They want you to be on antibio's for 30-60 minutes or more before the baby comes out but, if your labors are really quick and the baby isn't lingering in the birth canal, then the chances of them contracting a possibly fatal case of strep are reduced greatly. Labor can be predictable or very unpredictable, so just play it by ear - trusting in God's sovereignty. :-)

Post a Comment