Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Shana's Update: 7 months

So, we are in the big count down now. Today is my second day of my 7th month. Lot of changes have taken place with my body and I am fast understanding all little things that are said about being pregnant, for example, "your body will never be the same." My skin texture is all funky now, all over. It is getting hot (not to bad yet) but my skin is so dry, weird. I keep getting this weird rash like on my upper thighs. Not sure what is up with that. My calves feel huge, but they aren't swollen, weird again. I should take a picture of those later and put it on here. I weighted myself yesterday, and I have gained exactly 20 pounds. I think I am doing good on the weight gain. I could gain a pound every week until the baby got here and still be in the range my doctor gave me. I feel huge otherwise. My hips definitely feel different. I think they might have widened a little bit, but not a ton I can still wear my bella band with my pre-pregnancy clothes. I wore my jean skirt yesterday. I am getting a lot more tired now all of a sudden, it started last week. By lunch time I go downhill. I think a nap might become a regular occurrence on my lunch break here soon or I am worthless when I get home after taking a walk with the dogs. It is totally different and way stronger than the first trimester.

Josh and I are on our third week of labor classes. We are attending a Bradley Method course. It is a husband-based coaching system. So far we really like it. Josh is really enjoying it as well. I think the best experiences I have had during this pregnancy have been watching Josh get excited and enjoy it. For example, my favorite part of our first ultrasound was watching Josh watch the screen. Partly for years we weren't ready, and we can honestly say now we are.

I did some more nesting this weekend. I cleaned Josh's closet out this time. I think he likes it. He likes it when I organize his stuff, but he just doesn't like doing it. I got all my baby clothes washed and finally put away from the showers. I am going to need to buy some plastic bins to store some of the older stuff till he grows into it because I just don't have a lot of room to keep everything out. I need to use my organizer brain to think up some better ways to keep baby's stuff in.

Update on Bogie. I think his days are about to be numbered. Josh and I have decided any indefinite plans yet, but it is clear the medicine the vet gave us doesn't do anything. He has been on it about a month now. We even think we might be seeing some bad side effects not noted in the drug work because he has accumulated another bad habit since taking the medication. It is pretty frustrating, I have been searching for someone to help us in this area for weeks and there is nobody. Now you might be saying, 0 dog trainers no way. Well, just like you would pick any old baby sitter to watch your kids, the same goes with the dog trainers. All have good intentions, but not all are good. So far we haven't found anyone with any credentials worth anything for dominance aggressive dogs. I am going to go to the Library this weekend and see if they have any of Leersburgs videos there. Although I might be able to look online now that Libraries put all their inventory on their websites too. So, I feel like Josh and I are fast approaching tough decisions. Pray for us, if we end up having to get rid of Bogie or put him down it is going to be hard on me. Makes me feel like such a failure. That just isn't me, I can't fail at anything. Although, I kind of feel like the Lord is working in my heart to let go. We'll see. That could just be my pregnancy hormones all over the place too and I could change my mind tomorrow or in 10 minutes.

2 comments:

The Wades said...

I remember being so tired too! I would crash during my planning period almost every day! It was slightly embarrassing when someone came into my room and I had to wipe the slobber from my mouth and remember where I was......although I know most of the tiredness if from your body working overtime, it is great prep for the lack of sleep that's coming, so rest now all you can! Love you! Let me know if I can help with anything :)

natalie said...

now i get a whole new look into your life, even though i live just a few feet away! i'm excited!

Post a Comment