Friday, May 8, 2009

Shana's Update: 26 1/2 Weeks



I feel pretty massive. Starting to get more tired, seriously felt like I could collapse at work sitting at my desk. Still getting my exercise. Need to be better about my sugar eating, but it is so hard. Baby is kicking up a storm. I feel him all day long. We are getting ready day by day to welcome him into this world. Crib is officially in our room now. I am still in the process of bringing home all the loot from my weekend of showers that just past.

P.S. It seems to me lately, giving birth and parenting ideas are way more controversial than Theology. I think I am going to stop answering questions honestly or asking other people questions (other than Jennifer Jordan).

3 comments:

Meggan said...

Shana,

Well done on maintaining your exercise! The endurance and stamina will be a great benefit to you when you go into labor (at least that's my theory).

When it comes to parenting styles, ultimately you and Josh will learn what is most effective for your family with each child you have. They (Lord willing you have more than one) are each individuals and will respond differently to each situation. If you follow what is written in Scripture, nurturing in God's admonition, discipline, correcting, loving, kindness, etc., then your parenting will be considered faithful in our Lord's eyes. The only advice I would give you is to be content in the style you choose - don't try to please your parents in the way you parent or even strangers on the street. (My Mom still doesn't support my parenting decisions, even after two children.) Please God even in this and He will reward your faithfulness.

Tessa said...

You look great and so excited for you both!! =) Take care and keep the updates coming.

Josh, Amy and Quinn said...

You look so cute!!! I think that having a baby has become (somehow) a public business instead of something between a couple. People touching you and asking questions about things that in any other time of life would be inappropriate. What we decided would be best for us was not what everyone else thought we should do but my feeling was I was the one having the baby so I was going to do it my way. I say good for you!! Miss you =-)

Love,

A

Post a Comment