Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bedknobs & Broomsticks

Today at work the crazy produce guy Dennis was singing this song Portobello Road from the movie "Bedknobs and Broomsticks." He was blown away when I started singing along. Bedknobs and Broomsticks is one of my favorite Disney movies ever. I imagine that a lot of people don't know it, but when the Disney Channel first came out (before everything was so Raven and Hannah Montana) it used to show these great old movies that Disney used to make - Parent Trap (the original), Pollyanna, Swiss Family Robinson, Follow Me Boys, Pete's Dragon, and this one - Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Here are a few clips. What's your favorite old Disney movie? - let's think pre-80's.





2 comments:

Gina said...

I can remember that your mom would tape movies off of the Disney channel for us, since we didn't have cable. I have to say that I am partial to The Parent Trap (the original with Hayley Mills) and Pollyanna (I really like H.M--even when she was Miss Bliss on Saved by the Bell).

Tessa said...

That was one of my favorite movies as a child! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment